Boundary dispute discussed in Mizoram
Aizawl: A meeting of Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla and leaders of All NGOs Joint Committee of Mizoram on Monday deliberated on the issue of boundary disputes with the neighbouring states, especially Assam and decided that further and wider consultations should be made soon.
The All NGOs Joint Committee handed over a memorandum on boundary dispute to the Chief Minister and informed the latter about the efforts being made so far by the NGOs on the issue.
Boundary dispute between Mizoram and Assam continued since Mizoram attained union territory status after carving out of Assam in 1972.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra