Boundary dispute discussed in Mizoram
Aizawl: A meeting of Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla and leaders of All NGOs Joint Committee of Mizoram on Monday deliberated on the issue of boundary disputes with the neighbouring states, especially Assam and decided that further and wider consultations should be made soon.
The All NGOs Joint Committee handed over a memorandum on boundary dispute to the Chief Minister and informed the latter about the efforts being made so far by the NGOs on the issue.
Boundary dispute between Mizoram and Assam continued since Mizoram attained union territory status after carving out of Assam in 1972.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees