Education to take big leap in Arunachal: governor
Itanagar: Calling for more investment in higher education sector, Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh on Saturday said that the education scenario in the state is poised to take a significant jump in the coming years.
"The need of the hour is to go for a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach in the higher education sector for development of human resources," the governor said during the 11th convocation of the Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU) at Rono Hills near here.
The governor, who is also the chief Rector of the central varsity, said it was established in 2007 as a state university with the nomenclature of Arunachal University.
"Today 18 colleges are affiliated to RGU with many more colleges to be affiliated if we go by the plans of the state government," he said.
The Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies a branch of the varsity is particularly noted for its research works. The University has kept a record of holding all its examinations on time, he said.
Touching on academic issues, the governor called for implementation of semester system in colleges and asked the teachers to be to be innovative and dynamic.
RGU chancellor Mrinal Miri in his address, while making remarks on education said that the special value of education lies in the fact that it is a process that is aimed
at the enhancement of the person.
RGU vice chancellor David R. Syiemlieh said the university had made visible impact on the lives of many and would continue to radiate its influence in the days ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'