Education to take big leap in Arunachal: governor
Itanagar: Calling for more investment in higher education sector, Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh on Saturday said that the education scenario in the state is poised to take a significant jump in the coming years.
"The need of the hour is to go for a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach in the higher education sector for development of human resources," the governor said during the 11th convocation of the Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU) at Rono Hills near here.
The governor, who is also the chief Rector of the central varsity, said it was established in 2007 as a state university with the nomenclature of Arunachal University.
"Today 18 colleges are affiliated to RGU with many more colleges to be affiliated if we go by the plans of the state government," he said.
The Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies a branch of the varsity is particularly noted for its research works. The University has kept a record of holding all its examinations on time, he said.
Touching on academic issues, the governor called for implementation of semester system in colleges and asked the teachers to be to be innovative and dynamic.
RGU chancellor Mrinal Miri in his address, while making remarks on education said that the special value of education lies in the fact that it is a process that is aimed
at the enhancement of the person.
RGU vice chancellor David R. Syiemlieh said the university had made visible impact on the lives of many and would continue to radiate its influence in the days ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!