`Enquiry ordered into violation of industrial policy`
Shillong: Meghalaya government has
ordered an inquiry into the violation of the state industrial
policy by some industrial units, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma
told the state assembly on Friday.
"An inquiry committee has been constituted to look
into the matter and actions will be taken against those found
violating the guidelines," Sangma said during question hour.
"There were eight industrial units already indicted by
the CAG for claiming subsidies from the government, but have
not adhered to the state industrial policy.
"These units have also availed Rs 85.28 crore as part
of the government policy to provide incentives to promote
industrial investment in the state," he said.
The chief minister said the matter was brought to light
by CAG report during the period ending March 31, 2010.
One of the guidelines violated was not following the
provision of employing 60 per cent of total recruitment from
local indigenous unemployed youths, he said.
The inquiry committee, to be headed by the commissioner
and secretary of the commerce and industries department, would submit its report within 60 days, Sangma said.
The inquiry committee would also examine whether all
industrial units in the state complied with the Investment and
Industrial Policy of the state.
"If the enquiry committee finds that they did not
comply with the terms and condition of the policy, we`ll direct the units to refund the incentives availed by them," the chief
minister told the house.
The state government was also in the process of
preparing amendment to the Investment and Industrial Policy of the state to halt misuse of subsidies and resources, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam