`Enquiry ordered into violation of industrial policy`
Shillong: Meghalaya government has
ordered an inquiry into the violation of the state industrial
policy by some industrial units, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma
told the state assembly on Friday.
"An inquiry committee has been constituted to look
into the matter and actions will be taken against those found
violating the guidelines," Sangma said during question hour.
"There were eight industrial units already indicted by
the CAG for claiming subsidies from the government, but have
not adhered to the state industrial policy.
"These units have also availed Rs 85.28 crore as part
of the government policy to provide incentives to promote
industrial investment in the state," he said.
The chief minister said the matter was brought to light
by CAG report during the period ending March 31, 2010.
One of the guidelines violated was not following the
provision of employing 60 per cent of total recruitment from
local indigenous unemployed youths, he said.
The inquiry committee, to be headed by the commissioner
and secretary of the commerce and industries department, would submit its report within 60 days, Sangma said.
The inquiry committee would also examine whether all
industrial units in the state complied with the Investment and
Industrial Policy of the state.
"If the enquiry committee finds that they did not
comply with the terms and condition of the policy, we`ll direct the units to refund the incentives availed by them," the chief
minister told the house.
The state government was also in the process of
preparing amendment to the Investment and Industrial Policy of the state to halt misuse of subsidies and resources, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy