Foreigners held for rape, killing of Mizo woman
Aizawl: A Myanmarese and a Nepali citizen were arrested in Mizoram on Wednesday for raping and killing an aged Mizo woman, police said here.
A police spokesman told reporters that the two foreign nationals were arrested in connection with the killing of a 66-year-old widow in Baktawng village, about 80 km south of here, late on Tuesday night.
"Doctors after a medical examination have confirmed that the woman was raped before she was killed," police official said.
Over 50,000 Myanmarese live in different parts of Mizoram, bordering Myanmar and Bangladesh, and many of them work at shops and factories after obtaining work permits.
According to police, the Myanmarese nationals occasionally get involved in crimes in the northeastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco
- Have you ever encountered death? These people did and were lucky to survive it – Watch