Foreigners held for rape, killing of Mizo woman
Aizawl: A Myanmarese and a Nepali citizen were arrested in Mizoram on Wednesday for raping and killing an aged Mizo woman, police said here.
A police spokesman told reporters that the two foreign nationals were arrested in connection with the killing of a 66-year-old widow in Baktawng village, about 80 km south of here, late on Tuesday night.
"Doctors after a medical examination have confirmed that the woman was raped before she was killed," police official said.
Over 50,000 Myanmarese live in different parts of Mizoram, bordering Myanmar and Bangladesh, and many of them work at shops and factories after obtaining work permits.
According to police, the Myanmarese nationals occasionally get involved in crimes in the northeastern state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living