Foreigners held for rape, killing of Mizo woman
Aizawl: A Myanmarese and a Nepali citizen were arrested in Mizoram on Wednesday for raping and killing an aged Mizo woman, police said here.
A police spokesman told reporters that the two foreign nationals were arrested in connection with the killing of a 66-year-old widow in Baktawng village, about 80 km south of here, late on Tuesday night.
"Doctors after a medical examination have confirmed that the woman was raped before she was killed," police official said.
Over 50,000 Myanmarese live in different parts of Mizoram, bordering Myanmar and Bangladesh, and many of them work at shops and factories after obtaining work permits.
According to police, the Myanmarese nationals occasionally get involved in crimes in the northeastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’