Militant shot dead in Imphal
Imphal: A militant was shot dead by the
security forces in Manipur, while a grenade was hurled at the residence of an official, but it did not explode.
The militant, Y Ranbir, was shot dead during an
encounter with police commandos and Assam rifles in interior Thoubal district yesterday, police sources said.
In a separate incident, unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the residence of horticulture director A
Asan at Nagaram area last evening, but it did not explode, the
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket