NHPC concern on delay of dam construction
Guwahati: National Hydro Electric Power
Coporation (NHPC) has expressed serious concern at the delay
in the construction of lower Subansiri dam project in
Arunachal Pradesh due to agitations and said fears about it
were influenced by outsiders.
"Construction work has come to a halt which could
ultimately push the project cost from the initial Rs 6000
crore to as much as Rs 15000 crore which will be great loss to
the exchequer," NHPC general manager Om Prakash told reporters
here Friday night.
He allayed fears that the dam will have adverse
downstream effect and said all safety measures have been taken
and there was absolutely no fear of flood and
Dismissing fears raised by an expert committee on the
dam project that norms were not followed, Prakash said before
the start of work top experts of the country were consulted
and the project was taken up after it.
Various student groups and local organisations are
confused about the technalities of the construction and
are influenced by outsiders, Prakash said adding ``We are
ready to talk to anyone and allay their apprehension.``
``The people should understand there NHPC is a
competent authority to build dams as it had done similar and
successful work throughout the country,`` he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs