Two poachers arrested in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two men, on their way to
Kaziranga National Park, along with arms and ammunition have
been arrested in Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said
The duo, who were travelling on a motorcycle, were
arrested during a routine check at Jorhat Bye-pass on National
Highway-37 last night and a rifle, a magazine, 12 rounds of
live cartridges, a silencer and mobile phones have been
recovered from their possession.
Identified as Bishnu Pegu and Nagen Pegu, they were on
the way to Kaziranga National Park (KNP) after procuring arms
and ammunition from Nagaland.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parashar said
they were wanted by the forest department for the involvement
in the running a racket in rhino poaching, particularly in
Kaziranga National Park.
In the last three months, poachers have killed at
least five rhinos in Kaziranga national park and fled with the
They have been booked under Arms Act and Wild Life
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16