Two poachers arrested in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): Two men, on their way to
Kaziranga National Park, along with arms and ammunition have
been arrested in Assam`s Jorhat district, the police said
The duo, who were travelling on a motorcycle, were
arrested during a routine check at Jorhat Bye-pass on National
Highway-37 last night and a rifle, a magazine, 12 rounds of
live cartridges, a silencer and mobile phones have been
recovered from their possession.
Identified as Bishnu Pegu and Nagen Pegu, they were on
the way to Kaziranga National Park (KNP) after procuring arms
and ammunition from Nagaland.
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parashar said
they were wanted by the forest department for the involvement
in the running a racket in rhino poaching, particularly in
Kaziranga National Park.
In the last three months, poachers have killed at
least five rhinos in Kaziranga national park and fled with the
They have been booked under Arms Act and Wild Life
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar