10 minor girls reunited with families
Berhampur (Odisha): Ten of the 14 minor girls rescued by police two days ago were reunited with their families in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
The girls, who had been in Child line`s custody since Tuesday, were produced before the District Child Welfare Committee (CWC) before being handed over to their parents yesterday. The other four will be reunited with their parents when their families come to take them, police said.
These girls, aged between 13 and 17 years, were rescued while they were being allegedly trafficked to Chennai to work in a garment factory by a six-member gang, including four women. "We have arrested all six persons involved in the incident", said Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Baidyanathpur police station, Deepak Mishra.
Those arrested have been identified as S Subha Laxmi of Coimbatore, Sabita Sahu, Soudamini Pradhan, Madhuri Bisoi, Bibhuti Sahu and Balaji Pradhan (all from Ganjam district).
"We have advised the parents of the girls not to be lured by middlemen promising them good salaries", said chairperson of CWC U S Murthy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what