10 minor girls reunited with families
Berhampur (Odisha): Ten of the 14 minor girls rescued by police two days ago were reunited with their families in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
The girls, who had been in Child line`s custody since Tuesday, were produced before the District Child Welfare Committee (CWC) before being handed over to their parents yesterday. The other four will be reunited with their parents when their families come to take them, police said.
These girls, aged between 13 and 17 years, were rescued while they were being allegedly trafficked to Chennai to work in a garment factory by a six-member gang, including four women. "We have arrested all six persons involved in the incident", said Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Baidyanathpur police station, Deepak Mishra.
Those arrested have been identified as S Subha Laxmi of Coimbatore, Sabita Sahu, Soudamini Pradhan, Madhuri Bisoi, Bibhuti Sahu and Balaji Pradhan (all from Ganjam district).
"We have advised the parents of the girls not to be lured by middlemen promising them good salaries", said chairperson of CWC U S Murthy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?