10 minor girls reunited with families
Berhampur (Odisha): Ten of the 14 minor girls rescued by police two days ago were reunited with their families in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
The girls, who had been in Child line`s custody since Tuesday, were produced before the District Child Welfare Committee (CWC) before being handed over to their parents yesterday. The other four will be reunited with their parents when their families come to take them, police said.
These girls, aged between 13 and 17 years, were rescued while they were being allegedly trafficked to Chennai to work in a garment factory by a six-member gang, including four women. "We have arrested all six persons involved in the incident", said Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Baidyanathpur police station, Deepak Mishra.
Those arrested have been identified as S Subha Laxmi of Coimbatore, Sabita Sahu, Soudamini Pradhan, Madhuri Bisoi, Bibhuti Sahu and Balaji Pradhan (all from Ganjam district).
"We have advised the parents of the girls not to be lured by middlemen promising them good salaries", said chairperson of CWC U S Murthy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad