Bhubaneswar airport gets new Rs 145 crore terminal
Bhubaneswar: Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday inaugurated a new Rs 145 crore domestic terminal at the Biju Patnaik airport in Bhubaneswar, an official said.
Spread over 18,240 square metres, the terminal in the Odisha`s capital is a modern glass and steel structure and the interiors depict the culture of the state through stone sculptures, murals, paintings and textile hangings, an airport official said.
The terminal can simultaneously handle 800 passengers - 400 arrivals and 400 departures. The centrally air-conditioned building has a modular design to facilitate future expansion.
The terminal has modern passenger amenities, which include in-line compatible baggage handling systems, escalators, elevators, flight information display system and CCTVs, the official said.
Governor MC Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step