Bhubaneswar airport gets new Rs 145 crore terminal
Bhubaneswar: Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday inaugurated a new Rs 145 crore domestic terminal at the Biju Patnaik airport in Bhubaneswar, an official said.
Spread over 18,240 square metres, the terminal in the Odisha`s capital is a modern glass and steel structure and the interiors depict the culture of the state through stone sculptures, murals, paintings and textile hangings, an airport official said.
The terminal can simultaneously handle 800 passengers - 400 arrivals and 400 departures. The centrally air-conditioned building has a modular design to facilitate future expansion.
The terminal has modern passenger amenities, which include in-line compatible baggage handling systems, escalators, elevators, flight information display system and CCTVs, the official said.
Governor MC Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes