Bhubaneswar airport gets new Rs 145 crore terminal
Bhubaneswar: Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday inaugurated a new Rs 145 crore domestic terminal at the Biju Patnaik airport in Bhubaneswar, an official said.
Spread over 18,240 square metres, the terminal in the Odisha`s capital is a modern glass and steel structure and the interiors depict the culture of the state through stone sculptures, murals, paintings and textile hangings, an airport official said.
The terminal can simultaneously handle 800 passengers - 400 arrivals and 400 departures. The centrally air-conditioned building has a modular design to facilitate future expansion.
The terminal has modern passenger amenities, which include in-line compatible baggage handling systems, escalators, elevators, flight information display system and CCTVs, the official said.
Governor MC Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing