Bhubaneswar airport gets new Rs 145 crore terminal
Bhubaneswar: Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday inaugurated a new Rs 145 crore domestic terminal at the Biju Patnaik airport in Bhubaneswar, an official said.
Spread over 18,240 square metres, the terminal in the Odisha`s capital is a modern glass and steel structure and the interiors depict the culture of the state through stone sculptures, murals, paintings and textile hangings, an airport official said.
The terminal can simultaneously handle 800 passengers - 400 arrivals and 400 departures. The centrally air-conditioned building has a modular design to facilitate future expansion.
The terminal has modern passenger amenities, which include in-line compatible baggage handling systems, escalators, elevators, flight information display system and CCTVs, the official said.
Governor MC Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark