Bhubaneswar airport gets new Rs 145 crore terminal
Bhubaneswar: Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday inaugurated a new Rs 145 crore domestic terminal at the Biju Patnaik airport in Bhubaneswar, an official said.
Spread over 18,240 square metres, the terminal in the Odisha`s capital is a modern glass and steel structure and the interiors depict the culture of the state through stone sculptures, murals, paintings and textile hangings, an airport official said.
The terminal can simultaneously handle 800 passengers - 400 arrivals and 400 departures. The centrally air-conditioned building has a modular design to facilitate future expansion.
The terminal has modern passenger amenities, which include in-line compatible baggage handling systems, escalators, elevators, flight information display system and CCTVs, the official said.
Governor MC Bhandare and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik were also present at the inauguration ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?