Bhubaneswar: The helpline number for Bhubaneswar hospital fire is 9439991226.
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar this evening, in one of the worst such incidents involving a medical facility.
The blaze was suspected to have been triggered by an electric short circuit in the dialysis ward on the first floor of the private hospital which spread to the nearby Intensive Care Unit.
The fire, which was said to have started from the dialysis ward on the first floor, quickly spread to other areas including the ICU on the same floor of the four-storeyed hospital building, as per PTI.
Many patients were rescued by breaking window panes, an eyewitness said.
In 2011, a major blaze had engulfed AMRI Hospital in Kolkata, killing 89 people, including 85 patients.
(With Agency inputs)