Biswal made dy leader of Congress Odisha assembly
Bhubaneswar: AICC on Monday, named Chiranjib Biswal as the deputy leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) in Odisha Assembly while Tara Prasad Bahinipati is made the party`s chief whip, according to OPCC president Jaydev Jena.
Senior tribal leader Bhujabal Majhi from Nabarangpur district will function as the secretary of the CLP in Assembly. While Biswal is a young leader from the coastal region, Bahinipati hails from southern district of Koraput, Jena said.
Earlier, senior Congress leader Narasingha Mishra from Balangir district in western region, was installed in the post of the Leader of Opposition in the assembly. Congress has 16 MLAs in the 147 member Odisha Legislative Assembly while the ruling BJD captured 117 seats.
BJP has only 10 MLAs in the assembly while CPI(M) and Samata Kranti Dal won one seat each. Two seats are being represented by Independent MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM