Biswal made dy leader of Congress Odisha assembly
Bhubaneswar: AICC on Monday, named Chiranjib Biswal as the deputy leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) in Odisha Assembly while Tara Prasad Bahinipati is made the party`s chief whip, according to OPCC president Jaydev Jena.
Senior tribal leader Bhujabal Majhi from Nabarangpur district will function as the secretary of the CLP in Assembly. While Biswal is a young leader from the coastal region, Bahinipati hails from southern district of Koraput, Jena said.
Earlier, senior Congress leader Narasingha Mishra from Balangir district in western region, was installed in the post of the Leader of Opposition in the assembly. Congress has 16 MLAs in the 147 member Odisha Legislative Assembly while the ruling BJD captured 117 seats.
BJP has only 10 MLAs in the assembly while CPI(M) and Samata Kranti Dal won one seat each. Two seats are being represented by Independent MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31