Biswal made dy leader of Congress Odisha assembly
Bhubaneswar: AICC on Monday, named Chiranjib Biswal as the deputy leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) in Odisha Assembly while Tara Prasad Bahinipati is made the party`s chief whip, according to OPCC president Jaydev Jena.
Senior tribal leader Bhujabal Majhi from Nabarangpur district will function as the secretary of the CLP in Assembly. While Biswal is a young leader from the coastal region, Bahinipati hails from southern district of Koraput, Jena said.
Earlier, senior Congress leader Narasingha Mishra from Balangir district in western region, was installed in the post of the Leader of Opposition in the assembly. Congress has 16 MLAs in the 147 member Odisha Legislative Assembly while the ruling BJD captured 117 seats.
BJP has only 10 MLAs in the assembly while CPI(M) and Samata Kranti Dal won one seat each. Two seats are being represented by Independent MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress