Biswal made dy leader of Congress Odisha assembly
Bhubaneswar: AICC on Monday, named Chiranjib Biswal as the deputy leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) in Odisha Assembly while Tara Prasad Bahinipati is made the party`s chief whip, according to OPCC president Jaydev Jena.
Senior tribal leader Bhujabal Majhi from Nabarangpur district will function as the secretary of the CLP in Assembly. While Biswal is a young leader from the coastal region, Bahinipati hails from southern district of Koraput, Jena said.
Earlier, senior Congress leader Narasingha Mishra from Balangir district in western region, was installed in the post of the Leader of Opposition in the assembly. Congress has 16 MLAs in the 147 member Odisha Legislative Assembly while the ruling BJD captured 117 seats.
BJP has only 10 MLAs in the assembly while CPI(M) and Samata Kranti Dal won one seat each. Two seats are being represented by Independent MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Senate panel conditions $300 mn aid to Pakistan for action on Haqqani
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in Eliminator - Preview
- Asaduddin Owaisi vs common man: High-voltage verbal spat over Akbaruddin Owaisi's comments against Hindus
- Gaya road rage: Bail plea of Rocky Yadav's father Bindi Yadav rejected
- Check out pics! Talgo train's 1st India trial; it can run at a maximum speed of 200 kmph