BSF jawans recover two live landmines in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Two live landmines were recovered by Border Security Force jawans during anti-Maoist operation in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Besides two landmines weighing 24 and 15 kg, six pressure mines were also recovered from the Murlaput forests under Narayanpatna police limits yesterday, they said.
"All the mines have been recovered safely and there has been no report of any injury to anybody," Sub-divisional police officer (Laxmipur) Y Jagannath Rao said.
Combing operation and patrolling by security forces had been stepped up in the area after the seizure and further investigation was on, police said.
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues
- Boredom in life triggers unhealthy snacking
- IPL 2016: Struggling Kings XI Punjab to replace David Miller with Murali Vijay as captain?