BSF jawans recover two live landmines in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Two live landmines were recovered by Border Security Force jawans during anti-Maoist operation in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Besides two landmines weighing 24 and 15 kg, six pressure mines were also recovered from the Murlaput forests under Narayanpatna police limits yesterday, they said.
"All the mines have been recovered safely and there has been no report of any injury to anybody," Sub-divisional police officer (Laxmipur) Y Jagannath Rao said.
Combing operation and patrolling by security forces had been stepped up in the area after the seizure and further investigation was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM