BSF jawans recover two live landmines in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Two live landmines were recovered by Border Security Force jawans during anti-Maoist operation in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Besides two landmines weighing 24 and 15 kg, six pressure mines were also recovered from the Murlaput forests under Narayanpatna police limits yesterday, they said.
"All the mines have been recovered safely and there has been no report of any injury to anybody," Sub-divisional police officer (Laxmipur) Y Jagannath Rao said.
Combing operation and patrolling by security forces had been stepped up in the area after the seizure and further investigation was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?