Dalit woman raped in Odisha, one arrested
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for raping a Dalit woman in Odisha, police said.
The incident took place Sunday in a village near Nandapur town of Koraput district, about 700 km from here, but came to light after the woman lodged a complaint with the police Monday night, HK Padhi, chief of Nandapur police station, said.
Citing the woman`s complaint, Padhi said she was guarding a cashew farm at Mundagada village when the accused, who belonged to the same village, raped her in the presence of another person.
The attacker, who is a habitual offender, had threatened the woman of dire consequences if she reported the incident, the police officer said.
While the woman has been sent for medical examination, search is on to apprehend the other person who was present at the crime spot, Padhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh