Dalit woman raped in Odisha, one arrested
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for raping a Dalit woman in Odisha, police said.
The incident took place Sunday in a village near Nandapur town of Koraput district, about 700 km from here, but came to light after the woman lodged a complaint with the police Monday night, HK Padhi, chief of Nandapur police station, said.
Citing the woman`s complaint, Padhi said she was guarding a cashew farm at Mundagada village when the accused, who belonged to the same village, raped her in the presence of another person.
The attacker, who is a habitual offender, had threatened the woman of dire consequences if she reported the incident, the police officer said.
While the woman has been sent for medical examination, search is on to apprehend the other person who was present at the crime spot, Padhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman