Dalit woman raped in Odisha, one arrested
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for raping a Dalit woman in Odisha, police said.
The incident took place Sunday in a village near Nandapur town of Koraput district, about 700 km from here, but came to light after the woman lodged a complaint with the police Monday night, HK Padhi, chief of Nandapur police station, said.
Citing the woman`s complaint, Padhi said she was guarding a cashew farm at Mundagada village when the accused, who belonged to the same village, raped her in the presence of another person.
The attacker, who is a habitual offender, had threatened the woman of dire consequences if she reported the incident, the police officer said.
While the woman has been sent for medical examination, search is on to apprehend the other person who was present at the crime spot, Padhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad