Dalit woman raped in Odisha, one arrested
Bhubaneswar: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday for raping a Dalit woman in Odisha, police said.
The incident took place Sunday in a village near Nandapur town of Koraput district, about 700 km from here, but came to light after the woman lodged a complaint with the police Monday night, HK Padhi, chief of Nandapur police station, said.
Citing the woman`s complaint, Padhi said she was guarding a cashew farm at Mundagada village when the accused, who belonged to the same village, raped her in the presence of another person.
The attacker, who is a habitual offender, had threatened the woman of dire consequences if she reported the incident, the police officer said.
While the woman has been sent for medical examination, search is on to apprehend the other person who was present at the crime spot, Padhi said.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission