Depute a neurologist for Pipili victim, AIIMS told
Bhubaneswar: As health condition of the
alleged dalit rape and attempt to murder victim of Pipili
continued to remain critical, Odisha government had requested
the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi
to depute a neurologist for further examination, official
sources said on Wednesday.
The condition of the 19-year-old girl, who had been
treated at the ICU of the SCB Medical College Hospital
in Cuttack since January first week, did not improve despite
best efforts of the doctors of the hospital, the state
government said in a letter to the director of the AIIMS.
The girl, who was in semi-coma stage, was allegedly
raped and attempts were made to kill her at Arjungada village
under Pipili Police Station area on November 28, 2011. She was
admitted to the SCBMCH following an order of the Orissa High
The state government also mentioned in the letter that
the director of National Commission for Scheduled Castes, Dr
Divakar Basak during his recentt visit, had called for the
service of a neurologist from the AIIIMS, New Dlhi for
providing better medical care to the victim.
So far three commissions like NCSC, National
Commission for Women (NCW) and the State Commission for Women
(SCW) have separately undertaken probe into the alleged rape
and attempt to murder case involving the teenaged girl.
The SCW, which had submitted its enquiry report to
the state government, blamed the doctors for the worsening
health condition of the dalit girl, while NCSC director
expressed his displeasure over the treatement of the victim
during initial days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?