Experts examine lime plaster at Jagannath temple
Bhubaneswar: An expert team examined lime plaster on different structures inside the complex of the 12th century Jagannath temple in Odisha`s Puri town, a day after a servitor was hurt when a piece of lime stone plaster fell on him, an official said.
The team led by JK Pattnaik, deputy superintendent of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), also examined the plaster debris which injured the temple attendant, temple public relations officer Laxmidhar Pujapanda said.
The expert team is likely to submit a report to the technical committee of the temple administration soon. The technical committee is expected to meet subsequently to discuss the status of various structures, he added.
A piece of limestone plaster weighing about one kg allegedly fell from an unidentified location inside the temple complex Sunday injuring Debi Prasad Panda.
Panda received injuries on his head, and is currently under treatment.
The ASI is in charge of maintenance of the shrine at the beach town, about 55 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!