Four dacoits arrested in Odisha
Berhampur: With the arrest of four members of a criminal gang, police on Saturday claimed to have foiled a major dacoity plan here.
While four gangsters were arrested during an operation near Nilakantheswar temple on Thursday night, two others fled, police said.
Two pistols, 11 rounds of ammunition, two bombs and two swords were seized from them.
The gang was planning to commit a dacoity in the town and they were caught before implementing it, police said adding that several cases were pending against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC
- England's Roy Hodgson dismisses report of Wayne Rooney-Jamie Vardy rift
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours
- TCS to be levied above Rs 2 lakh only if payment in cash: CBDT