Four dacoits arrested in Odisha
Berhampur: With the arrest of four members of a criminal gang, police on Saturday claimed to have foiled a major dacoity plan here.
While four gangsters were arrested during an operation near Nilakantheswar temple on Thursday night, two others fled, police said.
Two pistols, 11 rounds of ammunition, two bombs and two swords were seized from them.
The gang was planning to commit a dacoity in the town and they were caught before implementing it, police said adding that several cases were pending against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says