Four liquor vendors arrested in Rourkela
Rourkela: Four liquor vendors were
arrested and 106 litres of country liquor seized after a
series of raids conducted last night in different slum areas
of the steel city.
Excise sources said all the four bottlelaggers were
today forwarded to a local court which remanded them to jail
In an another raid, Raghunathpally police of the city
arrested three persons, including two iron scrap dealers and
seized a truck loaded with iron scrap near Deogaon on the
outskirt of the city last night.
Police said, the truck loaded with about five tonnes
of scrap were illegally being transported from Deogaon area to
Vedvyas scrap godown.
All three were today produced before a local court
which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE