Four Maoists surrender in Odisha
Odisha: Four armed cadres of Communist Party of India- Maoists (CPI-M) carrying cash rewards, surrendered before the local police here on Saturday.
The Maoists, identified as Sambari Munda, Rambati Hembram, Aiban Tiu and Dharani Singh, submitted their guns and 16 live bullets, after reportedly being tortured and humiliated by top Maoist cadres.
Addressing mediapersons, Superintendent of Police (SP) Keonjhar Ashish Singh welcomed the ultras to the mainstream, and assured financial assistance to them.
"Armed members of the Kalinganagar divisional committee which was operational in five districts of Orissa, have surrendered before us. We welcome them to the mainstream and we assure them all assistance to help them rehabilitate themselves and settle into the mainstream," he said.
The authorities announced a financial assistance of Rs 50, 000 each to the surrendered Maoists, besides offering free education to their children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials