Hardcore woman Maoist arrested in Odisha
Sambalpur: A hardcore woman Maoist cadre with at least 18 NBWs pending against her involving charges like murder was arrested in Odisha`s Sambalpur district on Saturday, police said.
Maoist, identified as Rebati Nayak of Narsinghatalia under Riamal police station, was captured during a joint combing operation by the police in a forest of Naktideula area, they said.
The lady ultra was involved in naxal violence since 2003 and altogether 18 non-bailable warrants (NBWs) were pending against her in different police stations in Sambalpur and Deogarh districts, they said.
A functionary of Sambalpur-Deogarh-Sundargarh Zonal committee of CPI (Maoist), Rebati is the wife of hardcore Maoist leader Bimba Bhoi of Tampersingha village in the district. Efforts are now on to capture her husband.
Besides western Odisha, Rebati was also active in Maoist activities in Jharkhand, police said.
She would be produced in the local court shortly, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves