Hardcore woman Maoist arrested in Odisha
Sambalpur: A hardcore woman Maoist cadre with at least 18 NBWs pending against her involving charges like murder was arrested in Odisha`s Sambalpur district on Saturday, police said.
Maoist, identified as Rebati Nayak of Narsinghatalia under Riamal police station, was captured during a joint combing operation by the police in a forest of Naktideula area, they said.
The lady ultra was involved in naxal violence since 2003 and altogether 18 non-bailable warrants (NBWs) were pending against her in different police stations in Sambalpur and Deogarh districts, they said.
A functionary of Sambalpur-Deogarh-Sundargarh Zonal committee of CPI (Maoist), Rebati is the wife of hardcore Maoist leader Bimba Bhoi of Tampersingha village in the district. Efforts are now on to capture her husband.
Besides western Odisha, Rebati was also active in Maoist activities in Jharkhand, police said.
She would be produced in the local court shortly, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers