Hardcore woman Maoist arrested in Odisha
Sambalpur: A hardcore woman Maoist cadre with at least 18 NBWs pending against her involving charges like murder was arrested in Odisha`s Sambalpur district on Saturday, police said.
Maoist, identified as Rebati Nayak of Narsinghatalia under Riamal police station, was captured during a joint combing operation by the police in a forest of Naktideula area, they said.
The lady ultra was involved in naxal violence since 2003 and altogether 18 non-bailable warrants (NBWs) were pending against her in different police stations in Sambalpur and Deogarh districts, they said.
A functionary of Sambalpur-Deogarh-Sundargarh Zonal committee of CPI (Maoist), Rebati is the wife of hardcore Maoist leader Bimba Bhoi of Tampersingha village in the district. Efforts are now on to capture her husband.
Besides western Odisha, Rebati was also active in Maoist activities in Jharkhand, police said.
She would be produced in the local court shortly, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the most unusual batting stance in world cricket?