Hardcore woman Maoist arrested in Odisha
Sambalpur: A hardcore woman Maoist cadre with at least 18 NBWs pending against her involving charges like murder was arrested in Odisha`s Sambalpur district on Saturday, police said.
Maoist, identified as Rebati Nayak of Narsinghatalia under Riamal police station, was captured during a joint combing operation by the police in a forest of Naktideula area, they said.
The lady ultra was involved in naxal violence since 2003 and altogether 18 non-bailable warrants (NBWs) were pending against her in different police stations in Sambalpur and Deogarh districts, they said.
A functionary of Sambalpur-Deogarh-Sundargarh Zonal committee of CPI (Maoist), Rebati is the wife of hardcore Maoist leader Bimba Bhoi of Tampersingha village in the district. Efforts are now on to capture her husband.
Besides western Odisha, Rebati was also active in Maoist activities in Jharkhand, police said.
She would be produced in the local court shortly, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof