Man arrested for stealing cash from ATMs
Berhampur: A 22-year-old man was arrested for allegedly looting cash from bank ATMs in several places of Odisha, police said on Sunday.
Manoj Kumar Sahu of Khanduru village in Ganjam district was allegedly involved in at least 25 ATM loot cases involving cash around Rs six lakh in the last two years.
His operation area included Berhampur, Ganjam, Khurda, Nayagarh, Sambalpur districts, the police said.
Sahu was nabbed yesterday by a police team from an ATM counter at Kodala with the help of the camera footage, while he was allegedly trying to loot the cash, the police said.
One car, a motorcycle and around Rs 20,000 cash were seized from him, he said. He had purchased the vehicles from the looted funds, police added.
Police was trailing him for the last several months and on the basis of a tip-off, he was caught yesterday, the police said.
Police also suspected involvement of a gang of which Sahu was a member. Most of the gang members however were in jail, the police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad