Man arrested for stealing cash from ATMs
Berhampur: A 22-year-old man was arrested for allegedly looting cash from bank ATMs in several places of Odisha, police said on Sunday.
Manoj Kumar Sahu of Khanduru village in Ganjam district was allegedly involved in at least 25 ATM loot cases involving cash around Rs six lakh in the last two years.
His operation area included Berhampur, Ganjam, Khurda, Nayagarh, Sambalpur districts, the police said.
Sahu was nabbed yesterday by a police team from an ATM counter at Kodala with the help of the camera footage, while he was allegedly trying to loot the cash, the police said.
One car, a motorcycle and around Rs 20,000 cash were seized from him, he said. He had purchased the vehicles from the looted funds, police added.
Police was trailing him for the last several months and on the basis of a tip-off, he was caught yesterday, the police said.
Police also suspected involvement of a gang of which Sahu was a member. Most of the gang members however were in jail, the police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!