Man arrested for stealing cash from ATMs
Berhampur: A 22-year-old man was arrested for allegedly looting cash from bank ATMs in several places of Odisha, police said on Sunday.
Manoj Kumar Sahu of Khanduru village in Ganjam district was allegedly involved in at least 25 ATM loot cases involving cash around Rs six lakh in the last two years.
His operation area included Berhampur, Ganjam, Khurda, Nayagarh, Sambalpur districts, the police said.
Sahu was nabbed yesterday by a police team from an ATM counter at Kodala with the help of the camera footage, while he was allegedly trying to loot the cash, the police said.
One car, a motorcycle and around Rs 20,000 cash were seized from him, he said. He had purchased the vehicles from the looted funds, police added.
Police was trailing him for the last several months and on the basis of a tip-off, he was caught yesterday, the police said.
Police also suspected involvement of a gang of which Sahu was a member. Most of the gang members however were in jail, the police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations