Man gets 7 years jail term for rape in Odisha
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years of imprisonment for raping a minor girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Bijay Kumar Patra on Tuesday held Om Prakash Lenka (28) guilty of raping the 16-year-old girl and sentenced him to seven-year jail term.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 on him.
According to the prosecution, Lenka had raped the girl at Jalespeta village in Kandhmal district`s Tumudibandha area in 2009. Her father had lodged an FIR in this regard at Tumudibandha police on August 12, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!