Man gets 7 years jail term for rape in Odisha
Phulbani: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years of imprisonment for raping a minor girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Bijay Kumar Patra on Tuesday held Om Prakash Lenka (28) guilty of raping the 16-year-old girl and sentenced him to seven-year jail term.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 on him.
According to the prosecution, Lenka had raped the girl at Jalespeta village in Kandhmal district`s Tumudibandha area in 2009. Her father had lodged an FIR in this regard at Tumudibandha police on August 12, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest