Man killed in Odisha for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: Suspecting that a 55-year-old man was practising witchcraft, two youths allegedly killed him at a village in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Khadia Pradhan of Phuljhari village under Mahulpada police station died after he was hit with a blunt object on the head.
Two persons, Pandu Giri (21) and Peturam Pradhan (20), were arrested in connection with the incident, he said.
Some villagers suspected that the village faced many problems due to witchcraft by Khadia, his wife Jhubuli (50) and daughter Bhagabati (22). Unable to bear the harassment by villagers, Jhubuli left home and was staying with her parents for the last six months, the sources said.
Holding Khadia responsible for all wrongs happening to them, the two planned to eliminate him. They killed him on March 31 when he was going to a nearby stream to take bath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile
- Big fat royal wedding in Mysore, King Yaduveer Wadiyar ties the knot with Rajasthan royalty
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile