Man killed in Odisha for `practising witchcraft`
Rourkela: Suspecting that a 55-year-old man was practising witchcraft, two youths allegedly killed him at a village in Sundargarh district, police said on Wednesday.
Khadia Pradhan of Phuljhari village under Mahulpada police station died after he was hit with a blunt object on the head.
Two persons, Pandu Giri (21) and Peturam Pradhan (20), were arrested in connection with the incident, he said.
Some villagers suspected that the village faced many problems due to witchcraft by Khadia, his wife Jhubuli (50) and daughter Bhagabati (22). Unable to bear the harassment by villagers, Jhubuli left home and was staying with her parents for the last six months, the sources said.
Holding Khadia responsible for all wrongs happening to them, the two planned to eliminate him. They killed him on March 31 when he was going to a nearby stream to take bath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch