Maoist father-son duo held in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists, a man and his son, allegedly involved in several incidents of violence including murder, were arrested from Silakota forests in Malkangiri district, police said here on Saturday.
Kasa Madhi and his son Dulla Madhi were caught during a joint combing operation by Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) personnel yesterday, Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh said.
The ultras belonged to the `Padia dalam` of the Maoists and were active members of the militia for the last four years, he said.
During interrogation the duo had confessed to their involvement in the killing of Pandu Madkami, village head of Parsonpalli on October 27 last, he said.
The arrests assumed significance as a three-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) undertook a visit here two days ago to record the statement of two Maoists arrested in the district for their alleged involvement in the May 25 Chhattisgarh Naxal ambush in which several Congress leaders were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre