Maoist father-son duo held in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two Maoists, a man and his son, allegedly involved in several incidents of violence including murder, were arrested from Silakota forests in Malkangiri district, police said here on Saturday.
Kasa Madhi and his son Dulla Madhi were caught during a joint combing operation by Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) personnel yesterday, Superintendent of Police, Akhileswar Singh said.
The ultras belonged to the `Padia dalam` of the Maoists and were active members of the militia for the last four years, he said.
During interrogation the duo had confessed to their involvement in the killing of Pandu Madkami, village head of Parsonpalli on October 27 last, he said.
The arrests assumed significance as a three-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) undertook a visit here two days ago to record the statement of two Maoists arrested in the district for their alleged involvement in the May 25 Chhattisgarh Naxal ambush in which several Congress leaders were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30