Maoist shot dead in encounter in Odisha
Koraput: A hardcore Maoist carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead in an encounter with security forces in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said Monday.
The slain Maoist, identified as Purna Huluka alias Khatru of Basanaput village, was gunned down in an exchange of fire with personnel of District Voluntary Force (DVF) in Narayanpatna area late last night, they said.
The ultra was an armed cadre and an active member of the banned CPI (Maoist). Involved in many crimes, the slain rebel was also suspected to have played a major role in several murders in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon area of Koraput district, police said.
A reward of Rs one lakh had been announced by Odisha government for the arrest of Huluka, they said.
A combing operation had been launched in the area after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison