Maoist shot dead in encounter in Odisha
Koraput: A hardcore Maoist carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead in an encounter with security forces in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said Monday.
The slain Maoist, identified as Purna Huluka alias Khatru of Basanaput village, was gunned down in an exchange of fire with personnel of District Voluntary Force (DVF) in Narayanpatna area late last night, they said.
The ultra was an armed cadre and an active member of the banned CPI (Maoist). Involved in many crimes, the slain rebel was also suspected to have played a major role in several murders in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon area of Koraput district, police said.
A reward of Rs one lakh had been announced by Odisha government for the arrest of Huluka, they said.
A combing operation had been launched in the area after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB