Maoist shot dead in encounter in Odisha
Koraput: A hardcore Maoist carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead in an encounter with security forces in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said Monday.
The slain Maoist, identified as Purna Huluka alias Khatru of Basanaput village, was gunned down in an exchange of fire with personnel of District Voluntary Force (DVF) in Narayanpatna area late last night, they said.
The ultra was an armed cadre and an active member of the banned CPI (Maoist). Involved in many crimes, the slain rebel was also suspected to have played a major role in several murders in Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon area of Koraput district, police said.
A reward of Rs one lakh had been announced by Odisha government for the arrest of Huluka, they said.
A combing operation had been launched in the area after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'