Maoists bandh evokes little response in Malkangiri
Malkangiri (Odisha): A bandh call given in Odisha`s Malkangiri district by some Maoist-backed outfits today evoked little response barring a few pockets.
Normal life was affected to some extent at Kalimela, Motu and Padia where shops and business establishments were closed and traffic was off the roads, official sources said.
Maoists blocked the Kalimela-Motu-Padia main road near Hatapada with posters pasted on walls and trees at some places in support of the bandh.
The bandh was called by the Adivasi Biplabi Raitu Kuli Sangha and Adivasi Biplabi Mahila Sangh.
The 13 demands include construction of Manyamkunda- Karkatpalli canal, government college status to the Plus Two and Plus Three colleges at Kalimela, provision of rice collection centre for paddy procurement in all villages, halt to Operation Greenhunt and filling up the specialist doctor`s post at Kalimela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!