Maoists bandh evokes little response in Malkangiri
Malkangiri (Odisha): A bandh call given in Odisha`s Malkangiri district by some Maoist-backed outfits today evoked little response barring a few pockets.
Normal life was affected to some extent at Kalimela, Motu and Padia where shops and business establishments were closed and traffic was off the roads, official sources said.
Maoists blocked the Kalimela-Motu-Padia main road near Hatapada with posters pasted on walls and trees at some places in support of the bandh.
The bandh was called by the Adivasi Biplabi Raitu Kuli Sangha and Adivasi Biplabi Mahila Sangh.
The 13 demands include construction of Manyamkunda- Karkatpalli canal, government college status to the Plus Two and Plus Three colleges at Kalimela, provision of rice collection centre for paddy procurement in all villages, halt to Operation Greenhunt and filling up the specialist doctor`s post at Kalimela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’