Maoists bandh evokes little response in Malkangiri
Malkangiri (Odisha): A bandh call given in Odisha`s Malkangiri district by some Maoist-backed outfits today evoked little response barring a few pockets.
Normal life was affected to some extent at Kalimela, Motu and Padia where shops and business establishments were closed and traffic was off the roads, official sources said.
Maoists blocked the Kalimela-Motu-Padia main road near Hatapada with posters pasted on walls and trees at some places in support of the bandh.
The bandh was called by the Adivasi Biplabi Raitu Kuli Sangha and Adivasi Biplabi Mahila Sangh.
The 13 demands include construction of Manyamkunda- Karkatpalli canal, government college status to the Plus Two and Plus Three colleges at Kalimela, provision of rice collection centre for paddy procurement in all villages, halt to Operation Greenhunt and filling up the specialist doctor`s post at Kalimela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra