Maoists bandh evokes little response in Malkangiri
Malkangiri (Odisha): A bandh call given in Odisha`s Malkangiri district by some Maoist-backed outfits today evoked little response barring a few pockets.
Normal life was affected to some extent at Kalimela, Motu and Padia where shops and business establishments were closed and traffic was off the roads, official sources said.
Maoists blocked the Kalimela-Motu-Padia main road near Hatapada with posters pasted on walls and trees at some places in support of the bandh.
The bandh was called by the Adivasi Biplabi Raitu Kuli Sangha and Adivasi Biplabi Mahila Sangh.
The 13 demands include construction of Manyamkunda- Karkatpalli canal, government college status to the Plus Two and Plus Three colleges at Kalimela, provision of rice collection centre for paddy procurement in all villages, halt to Operation Greenhunt and filling up the specialist doctor`s post at Kalimela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!