Maoists free villagers in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Four days after abducting them, Maoists freed two villagers, including a woman and son of a sarpanch, in Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Padia Madhi, son of Gumphakonda village panchayat sarpanch, and Rame Padiami reached their village yesterday after trekking a few km, Inspector in-charge of Kalimela police station SK Nayak said.
A group of red rebels had struck in Gumphakonda and abducted three persons on Wednesday night suspecting them to be police informers, police said.
One of the abducted persons had managed to escape from the clutches of the Maoists the next day when the group of ultras were engaged in an exchange of fire with BSF.
The rest two were set free by the Maosits with a warning that they should have no link with the police, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!