Maoists free villagers in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Four days after abducting them, Maoists freed two villagers, including a woman and son of a sarpanch, in Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Padia Madhi, son of Gumphakonda village panchayat sarpanch, and Rame Padiami reached their village yesterday after trekking a few km, Inspector in-charge of Kalimela police station SK Nayak said.
A group of red rebels had struck in Gumphakonda and abducted three persons on Wednesday night suspecting them to be police informers, police said.
One of the abducted persons had managed to escape from the clutches of the Maoists the next day when the group of ultras were engaged in an exchange of fire with BSF.
The rest two were set free by the Maosits with a warning that they should have no link with the police, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog