Maoists kill two in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Unleashing fresh violence, Maoists killed two persons suspecting them to be police informers and torched a mobile phone tower in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
Armed ultras had abducted three persons from Kiang area recently and killed two of them while freeing another, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The bodies of Gopi Pujari, a shop-keeper, and Hatiram Pujari were found on a forest road this morning with their throats slit and bearing gun-shot marks, he said, adding another person Padmanav Pujari was set free by the rebels.
While Gopi had been kidnapped from a village festival venue on April 19, the other two were abducted on April 22.
The victims were suspected to have been killed last night when over 50 armed Maoists had also stormed into the area and set afire a mobile phone tower of a private service provider, the SP said.
The killing was probably committed by Maoists from neighbouring Chhattisgarh who suspected the two to be passing on information about rebel activities to the police, sources said.
Following the incident, the borders with Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh had been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!