Maoists kill two in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Unleashing fresh violence, Maoists killed two persons suspecting them to be police informers and torched a mobile phone tower in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
Armed ultras had abducted three persons from Kiang area recently and killed two of them while freeing another, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The bodies of Gopi Pujari, a shop-keeper, and Hatiram Pujari were found on a forest road this morning with their throats slit and bearing gun-shot marks, he said, adding another person Padmanav Pujari was set free by the rebels.
While Gopi had been kidnapped from a village festival venue on April 19, the other two were abducted on April 22.
The victims were suspected to have been killed last night when over 50 armed Maoists had also stormed into the area and set afire a mobile phone tower of a private service provider, the SP said.
The killing was probably committed by Maoists from neighbouring Chhattisgarh who suspected the two to be passing on information about rebel activities to the police, sources said.
Following the incident, the borders with Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh had been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what