Maoists kill two in Odisha
Malkangiri (Odisha): Unleashing fresh violence, Maoists killed two persons suspecting them to be police informers and torched a mobile phone tower in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said on Thursday.
Armed ultras had abducted three persons from Kiang area recently and killed two of them while freeing another, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The bodies of Gopi Pujari, a shop-keeper, and Hatiram Pujari were found on a forest road this morning with their throats slit and bearing gun-shot marks, he said, adding another person Padmanav Pujari was set free by the rebels.
While Gopi had been kidnapped from a village festival venue on April 19, the other two were abducted on April 22.
The victims were suspected to have been killed last night when over 50 armed Maoists had also stormed into the area and set afire a mobile phone tower of a private service provider, the SP said.
The killing was probably committed by Maoists from neighbouring Chhattisgarh who suspected the two to be passing on information about rebel activities to the police, sources said.
Following the incident, the borders with Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh had been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday