Minor blind girl raped, killed in Puri
Puri: A visually challenged minor girl was allegedly raped and killed by miscreants who forcibly took her to forest at Beladala village in the district, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night when the 13-year-old blind girl was sleeping outside her house due to gruelling heat. Her body was recovered from a jungle area near their house, police said.
The victim, a student of a Bhubaneswar based blind school, had come to her village in summer vacation, said Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Das.
As local people staged road blockade connecting Puri and Konark, Das said sniffer dogs had been engaged to trace the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read