Minor boy accuses police of torturing him with cigarette burns
Jharsuguda: A minor boy in Odisha`s Jharsuguda district was allegedly tortured and inflicted burns with cigarette butt while in police custody in connection with a theft incident.
The incident allegedly took place on February 11 at Kolabira police station when the boy was being interrogated, Jharsuguda Deputy Superintendent of Police Anthony Tirkey said on Saturday.
"We are inquiring into the allegation of the boy who has charged the police with torturing him with cigarette burns", Tirkey said.
The 17-year-old boy alleged before the local people outside that an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police had inflicted injury on his left hand by applying a burnt cigarette.
After the incident came to light and was reported in the media, the police was inquiring into the incident, Tirkey said.
The boy was sent to the district headquarters hospital here for treatment yesterday and the medical report was awaited, Tirkey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency