Minor boy accuses police of torturing him with cigarette burns
Jharsuguda: A minor boy in Odisha`s Jharsuguda district was allegedly tortured and inflicted burns with cigarette butt while in police custody in connection with a theft incident.
The incident allegedly took place on February 11 at Kolabira police station when the boy was being interrogated, Jharsuguda Deputy Superintendent of Police Anthony Tirkey said on Saturday.
"We are inquiring into the allegation of the boy who has charged the police with torturing him with cigarette burns", Tirkey said.
The 17-year-old boy alleged before the local people outside that an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police had inflicted injury on his left hand by applying a burnt cigarette.
After the incident came to light and was reported in the media, the police was inquiring into the incident, Tirkey said.
The boy was sent to the district headquarters hospital here for treatment yesterday and the medical report was awaited, Tirkey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?