Minor boy accuses police of torturing him with cigarette burns
Jharsuguda: A minor boy in Odisha`s Jharsuguda district was allegedly tortured and inflicted burns with cigarette butt while in police custody in connection with a theft incident.
The incident allegedly took place on February 11 at Kolabira police station when the boy was being interrogated, Jharsuguda Deputy Superintendent of Police Anthony Tirkey said on Saturday.
"We are inquiring into the allegation of the boy who has charged the police with torturing him with cigarette burns", Tirkey said.
The 17-year-old boy alleged before the local people outside that an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police had inflicted injury on his left hand by applying a burnt cigarette.
After the incident came to light and was reported in the media, the police was inquiring into the incident, Tirkey said.
The boy was sent to the district headquarters hospital here for treatment yesterday and the medical report was awaited, Tirkey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users