Minor boy accuses police of torturing him with cigarette burns
Jharsuguda: A minor boy in Odisha`s Jharsuguda district was allegedly tortured and inflicted burns with cigarette butt while in police custody in connection with a theft incident.
The incident allegedly took place on February 11 at Kolabira police station when the boy was being interrogated, Jharsuguda Deputy Superintendent of Police Anthony Tirkey said on Saturday.
"We are inquiring into the allegation of the boy who has charged the police with torturing him with cigarette burns", Tirkey said.
The 17-year-old boy alleged before the local people outside that an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) of police had inflicted injury on his left hand by applying a burnt cigarette.
After the incident came to light and was reported in the media, the police was inquiring into the incident, Tirkey said.
The boy was sent to the district headquarters hospital here for treatment yesterday and the medical report was awaited, Tirkey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach