More explosives hidden by Maoists found
Koraput (Odisha): A day after recovering explosives hidden by Maoists in a jungle in Koraput district, the BSF on Wednesday found four big iron pipes used to make claymore mines, about 40 kg of gun powder and a few metre of wires from another forest in nearby area of the district, police said.
Following information on the explosives in Salpaguda forest under Narayanpatna police station, the BSF personnel recovered the articles from a cave.?
"The Maoists had hidden the explosive materials in a cave and could used them in future offensives," SDPO of Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
"No arrest has been made so far. Possibility of the the presence of more explosives in the area cannot be ruled out. We have intensified our search operations," he added.
BSF personnel engaged in anti-Maoist operation yesterday seized three landmines, two can bombs, a country-made gun and about 40 metre of wire from Musulmunda forests in Narayanpatna police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'