More explosives hidden by Maoists found
Koraput (Odisha): A day after recovering explosives hidden by Maoists in a jungle in Koraput district, the BSF on Wednesday found four big iron pipes used to make claymore mines, about 40 kg of gun powder and a few metre of wires from another forest in nearby area of the district, police said.
Following information on the explosives in Salpaguda forest under Narayanpatna police station, the BSF personnel recovered the articles from a cave.?
"The Maoists had hidden the explosive materials in a cave and could used them in future offensives," SDPO of Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
"No arrest has been made so far. Possibility of the the presence of more explosives in the area cannot be ruled out. We have intensified our search operations," he added.
BSF personnel engaged in anti-Maoist operation yesterday seized three landmines, two can bombs, a country-made gun and about 40 metre of wire from Musulmunda forests in Narayanpatna police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees