Narendra Modi offers prayer for Odisha`s boat tragedy victims
Bhubaneswar: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday prayed for the victims of the boat tragedy at Hirakud reservoir in Odisha`s Sambalpur district at his public meeting here.
Modi, however, had no plan to go the accident spot.
"No, Modi`s has no plan to visit the boat tragedy site," BJP state president KV Singhdeo said.
Modi`s Vijay Sankalpa Samabesh here started with the singing of `Bande Utkal Janani`.
The Gujarat Chief Minister arrived at Baramunda ground half an hour behind schedule.
The crowd went delirious chanting `Namo`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred