Naveen dismisses charge of striking deal with Congress
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday dismissed as "false and baseless" the allegation levelled by rebel BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra that he had struck a deal with Congress to save himself from coal scam.
"The allegation (about deal with Congress) is false and baseless," Patnaik told reporters soon after his return here from a six-day visit to Delhi.
Patnaik also described as "baseless" the allegation that inner party democracy had been destroyed in the ruling BJD.
Asked whether action would be taken against Mohapatra for attacking him, Patnaik said he would look into the matter.
Incidentally, both Patnaik and Mohapatra returned here by the same flight from New Delhi. However, he said there was no interaction between him and the chief minister.
Mohapatra at the Odisha Jana Morcha meeting here on October 28 had alleged that "there is a deal between Naveen Patnaik and Congress over coalgate. The deal is to slow down CBI probe in allocation of a coal block to a particular company on the recommendation of Naveen."
The Rajya Sabha MP had also claimed that BJD had agreed to abstain from voting if UPA government faced a no-confidence motion in Parliament over FDI in retail sector.
Mohapatra was suspended from BJD on the charge of attempting to topple the Patnaik government on May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez