Odisha: 18 kids rescued from illegal confinement in TN
Kanyakumari: Eighteen children from Odisha, allegedly confined in the premises of a church near here by a priest, were on Saturday rescued, police said.
The children, including three girls, were found in the church at Maanjakonam in the district during a raid, they said.
They were brought by priest Claret on June 19 from NGO Blessing Trust at Mettupalayam for starting a home for the destitute.
The children have now been sent to an authorised home in neighbouring Tirunelveli and their parents are being contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan