Odisha CM lauds sand artist on winning award
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has congratulated renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik on winning an award at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting 2014 in the US.
The 37-year-old sculptor from Odisha and his American teammate Mathew Roy Dieberthas were declared winner in the double category at the just-concluded competition in Atlantic City in that country.
The duo worked in the double`s category creating a sand sculpture of "Taj Mahal with Sah Jahan & Mumtaj."
Pattnaik, also won a prize in solo category which was People`s Choice prize for creating sand sculpture themed on `Save Tree, Save the Future`.
"In the field of sand art Sudarsan is a renowned name around the world. He won many prizes internationally for his magical art and creativity. With his success, he has been able to get recognition for Odisha`s art and culture throughout the world. I wish him good luck to achieve more success in future," the chief minister said in a message here today.
As many as 20 internationally renowned sand artists from around the world had participated in the event.
Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram also congratulated Sudarshan for his success.
"It is with great joy and pride I extend my congratulation to him. We are proud of his achievement," Oram said in a message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US