Odisha giving thrust on agriculture: Naveen
Khariar: Odisha government is focusing on development of agriculture and animal husbandry in its effort to bring people of backward regions to the mainstream, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Sunday.
"Agriculture and animal resources are closely linked and many people depend on this sector for their sustenance. So, the government is taking steps to increase agriculture productivity and promote diary farms," Patnaik said.
Odisha`s minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Debi Prasad Mishra said, the state government was doling out agriculture loan of Rs 3 lakh to farmers through Kissan Credit Cards.
Patnaik was on a visit to Nuapada district to attend the 55th All Odisha Utakal Yadav Samaja Mahasamilani here.
Stating that Odisha was a peace loving state, Patnaik said people belonging to all religion, caste and creed believed in peaceful co-existence.
The backward Nuapada district formed part of the undivided Kalahani-Bolangir-Koraput (KBK) region of Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal