Odisha: Seven arrested in fake certificate racket
Malkangiri: With the arrest of seven persons, police Thursday claimed to have busted a fake certificate racket in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
While two persons were arrested from Anantpur in Soro area in Balasore district, five others were taken into custody in Malkangiri yesterday, police sources said Thursday.
A police team raided a DTP centre at Anantapur and arrested two persons and the remaining five were arrested from Malkangiri, the sources said.
The racket involved sale of HSC and Plus 2 certificates for Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 since 2007.
Some of the fake certificate holders were appointed in government organisations and some were still continuing their studies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured