Odisha: Seven arrested in fake certificate racket
Malkangiri: With the arrest of seven persons, police Thursday claimed to have busted a fake certificate racket in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
While two persons were arrested from Anantpur in Soro area in Balasore district, five others were taken into custody in Malkangiri yesterday, police sources said Thursday.
A police team raided a DTP centre at Anantapur and arrested two persons and the remaining five were arrested from Malkangiri, the sources said.
The racket involved sale of HSC and Plus 2 certificates for Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 since 2007.
Some of the fake certificate holders were appointed in government organisations and some were still continuing their studies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS