Odisha: Seven arrested in fake certificate racket
Malkangiri: With the arrest of seven persons, police Thursday claimed to have busted a fake certificate racket in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
While two persons were arrested from Anantpur in Soro area in Balasore district, five others were taken into custody in Malkangiri yesterday, police sources said Thursday.
A police team raided a DTP centre at Anantapur and arrested two persons and the remaining five were arrested from Malkangiri, the sources said.
The racket involved sale of HSC and Plus 2 certificates for Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 since 2007.
Some of the fake certificate holders were appointed in government organisations and some were still continuing their studies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey