Odisha: Seven arrested in fake certificate racket
Malkangiri: With the arrest of seven persons, police Thursday claimed to have busted a fake certificate racket in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
While two persons were arrested from Anantpur in Soro area in Balasore district, five others were taken into custody in Malkangiri yesterday, police sources said Thursday.
A police team raided a DTP centre at Anantapur and arrested two persons and the remaining five were arrested from Malkangiri, the sources said.
The racket involved sale of HSC and Plus 2 certificates for Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 since 2007.
Some of the fake certificate holders were appointed in government organisations and some were still continuing their studies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport