Odisha: Seven arrested in fake certificate racket
Malkangiri: With the arrest of seven persons, police Thursday claimed to have busted a fake certificate racket in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
While two persons were arrested from Anantpur in Soro area in Balasore district, five others were taken into custody in Malkangiri yesterday, police sources said Thursday.
A police team raided a DTP centre at Anantapur and arrested two persons and the remaining five were arrested from Malkangiri, the sources said.
The racket involved sale of HSC and Plus 2 certificates for Rs 10,000 and Rs 25,000 since 2007.
Some of the fake certificate holders were appointed in government organisations and some were still continuing their studies, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'