Rains triggered by low pressure lash Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Bringing much needed respite from the scorching heat, rains and thundershower triggered by a low pressure today lashed several parts of Odisha, particularly the coastal belt.
People in several coastal areas including the state capital of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Paradip and Balasore woke up to a cool and pleasant morning following the welcome showers.
The rains, caused by a low pressure, are expected to continue tomorrow also, giving respite to the people from the blistering heat.
While Chandbali recorded 31 mm rainfall, it was 18.7 mm in Puri, 18.5 mm in Cuttack, 14 mm at Paradip, 17 mm at Gopalpur and 10 mm in Bhubaneswar, a MET office report said.
Rains accompanied by thundershower are likely to lash several places in the coastal region where sky would remain cloudy for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'