Rains triggered by low pressure lash Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Bringing much needed respite from the scorching heat, rains and thundershower triggered by a low pressure today lashed several parts of Odisha, particularly the coastal belt.
People in several coastal areas including the state capital of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Paradip and Balasore woke up to a cool and pleasant morning following the welcome showers.
The rains, caused by a low pressure, are expected to continue tomorrow also, giving respite to the people from the blistering heat.
While Chandbali recorded 31 mm rainfall, it was 18.7 mm in Puri, 18.5 mm in Cuttack, 14 mm at Paradip, 17 mm at Gopalpur and 10 mm in Bhubaneswar, a MET office report said.
Rains accompanied by thundershower are likely to lash several places in the coastal region where sky would remain cloudy for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof