Schoolgirl raped in Odisha, one held
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by five people and later raped by two of them in Odisha`s Balasore district, an official said on Saturday.
Police Friday detained one person for questioning in connection with the incident, while other suspects are still at large, district Superintendent of Police Amrita Das told a news agency.
The crime occurred at Gopalpur village under Soro police station limits, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar April 4. It only came to light once the victim was admitted to hospital, after she narrated her ordeal to her family several days later.
The victim told her family that five people dragged her into a car as she was returning home from evening tuitions April 4. The offenders allegedly took her to a garage, and two of them raped her. She was kept confined by her attackers after the crime.
A day later, some residents of the area, along with some of her relatives, rescued her.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?