Schoolgirl raped in Odisha, one held
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by five people and later raped by two of them in Odisha`s Balasore district, an official said on Saturday.
Police Friday detained one person for questioning in connection with the incident, while other suspects are still at large, district Superintendent of Police Amrita Das told a news agency.
The crime occurred at Gopalpur village under Soro police station limits, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar April 4. It only came to light once the victim was admitted to hospital, after she narrated her ordeal to her family several days later.
The victim told her family that five people dragged her into a car as she was returning home from evening tuitions April 4. The offenders allegedly took her to a garage, and two of them raped her. She was kept confined by her attackers after the crime.
A day later, some residents of the area, along with some of her relatives, rescued her.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits, Das said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram