Schoolgirl raped in Odisha, one held
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by five people and later raped by two of them in Odisha`s Balasore district, an official said on Saturday.
Police Friday detained one person for questioning in connection with the incident, while other suspects are still at large, district Superintendent of Police Amrita Das told a news agency.
The crime occurred at Gopalpur village under Soro police station limits, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar April 4. It only came to light once the victim was admitted to hospital, after she narrated her ordeal to her family several days later.
The victim told her family that five people dragged her into a car as she was returning home from evening tuitions April 4. The offenders allegedly took her to a garage, and two of them raped her. She was kept confined by her attackers after the crime.
A day later, some residents of the area, along with some of her relatives, rescued her.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail