Schoolgirl raped in Odisha, one held
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by five people and later raped by two of them in Odisha`s Balasore district, an official said on Saturday.
Police Friday detained one person for questioning in connection with the incident, while other suspects are still at large, district Superintendent of Police Amrita Das told a news agency.
The crime occurred at Gopalpur village under Soro police station limits, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar April 4. It only came to light once the victim was admitted to hospital, after she narrated her ordeal to her family several days later.
The victim told her family that five people dragged her into a car as she was returning home from evening tuitions April 4. The offenders allegedly took her to a garage, and two of them raped her. She was kept confined by her attackers after the crime.
A day later, some residents of the area, along with some of her relatives, rescued her.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez