Schoolgirl raped in Odisha, one held
Bhubaneswar: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped by five people and later raped by two of them in Odisha`s Balasore district, an official said on Saturday.
Police Friday detained one person for questioning in connection with the incident, while other suspects are still at large, district Superintendent of Police Amrita Das told a news agency.
The crime occurred at Gopalpur village under Soro police station limits, about 170 km from state capital Bhubaneswar April 4. It only came to light once the victim was admitted to hospital, after she narrated her ordeal to her family several days later.
The victim told her family that five people dragged her into a car as she was returning home from evening tuitions April 4. The offenders allegedly took her to a garage, and two of them raped her. She was kept confined by her attackers after the crime.
A day later, some residents of the area, along with some of her relatives, rescued her.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested