Swami Lakshmanananda Saraswati murder case: 7 accused found guilty
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: The seven accused in the murder of VHP leader Swami Lakshmananda Saraswati were found guilty on Monday.
On the night of August 23, 2008, miscreants had entered an ashram at Tumudibandha (Phulbani in Kandhamal district) and sprayed bullets killing Swami Lakshmanananda Saraswati and four of his associates.
The incident had triggered widespread violence in Kandhamal and other parts of Odisha.
The state`s Crime Branch had charged Duryodhan Sanamajhi, Munda Badamajhi, Sanatan Badamajhi, Bhaskar Sanamajhi, Gananath Seth, Bijay Kumar Sanaseth and Budhadev Nayak under Sections 302, 147, 148, 449, 120 (B) of IPC and 25/27 Arms Act in its chargesheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida