Swami Lakshmanananda Saraswati murder case: 7 accused found guilty
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: The seven accused in the murder of VHP leader Swami Lakshmananda Saraswati were found guilty on Monday.
On the night of August 23, 2008, miscreants had entered an ashram at Tumudibandha (Phulbani in Kandhamal district) and sprayed bullets killing Swami Lakshmanananda Saraswati and four of his associates.
The incident had triggered widespread violence in Kandhamal and other parts of Odisha.
The state`s Crime Branch had charged Duryodhan Sanamajhi, Munda Badamajhi, Sanatan Badamajhi, Bhaskar Sanamajhi, Gananath Seth, Bijay Kumar Sanaseth and Budhadev Nayak under Sections 302, 147, 148, 449, 120 (B) of IPC and 25/27 Arms Act in its chargesheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof