Train services affected due to cyclone `Nilam` in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Train services were affected on Sunday due to heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh triggered by cyclone `Nilam` with East Coast Railway (ECoR) cancelling, short-terminating or diverting several trains.
Trains were rescheduled as water level was flowing above the danger mark in Thandava River between Tuni and Gullipadu stations in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam section of Vijaywada Division of South Central Railway, ECoR sources said.
The trains which have been cancelled today from its originating stations include Visakhapatnam-Kakinada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam- Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam Ratnachal Express.
Visakhapatnam-Guntur-Visakhapatnam Simhadri Express, Narasapur-Nidadavolu-Narasapur Link Express, Visakhapatnam-Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam Express were others.
Similarly, Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad-Bhubaneswar Visakha Express scheduled to leave Bhubaneswar in the morning has been cancelled from Bhubaneswar.
The partially cancelled or short terminated trains include? Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express which would be short terminated at Tenali and return as Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express to Secunderabad. It would remain cancelled between Visakhapatnam and Tenali from both the directions.
New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Express, Haldia-Chennai Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express and Guwahati-Chennai Express trains have been short terminated at Visakhapatnam. So have Bhubaneswar-Bangalore Prashanti Express at Palasa and Bhubaneswar-Yesvantpur Express at Balugaon returned to their originating stations.
Secunderabad-Guwahati Express, Yesvantpur-Bhagalpur Express, Kanyakumari-Howrah Express, Chennai-Howrah-Coromandal Express, Yesvantpur-Howrah Express and Vimavaram-Purulia Express have been diverted to run via Balharsha-Nagpur- Bilaspur-Chakradharpur stations instead of original paths.
Dhanbad-Alleppey Express, Howrah-Yesvantpur Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express, Howrah-Chennai Mail, Howrah-Vasco-da-gama Amaravati Express have been diverted via Vizianagaram-Titlagarh-Raipur and Nagpur.
Similarly, Puri-Okha Express and Dibrugarh-Yesvantpur Express would run via Naraj-Angul-Sambalpur-Titlagarh- Raipur-Nagpur instead of its scheduled path.
Apart from this, Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express scheduled to leave Howrah today would be diverted via Kharagpur-Tata-Jharsuguda-Bilaspur-Nagpur and Balharsa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- IPL 9: Rohit Sharma vows Mumbai Indians will make a strong comeback next season
- Narendra Modi in Tehran: India, Iran joint statement - Full Text
- Toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 92
- Paryavaran Bhawan to be renamed Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls