Train services affected due to cyclone `Nilam` in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Train services were affected on Sunday due to heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh triggered by cyclone `Nilam` with East Coast Railway (ECoR) cancelling, short-terminating or diverting several trains.
Trains were rescheduled as water level was flowing above the danger mark in Thandava River between Tuni and Gullipadu stations in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam section of Vijaywada Division of South Central Railway, ECoR sources said.
The trains which have been cancelled today from its originating stations include Visakhapatnam-Kakinada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam- Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam Ratnachal Express.
Visakhapatnam-Guntur-Visakhapatnam Simhadri Express, Narasapur-Nidadavolu-Narasapur Link Express, Visakhapatnam-Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam Express were others.
Similarly, Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad-Bhubaneswar Visakha Express scheduled to leave Bhubaneswar in the morning has been cancelled from Bhubaneswar.
The partially cancelled or short terminated trains include? Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express which would be short terminated at Tenali and return as Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express to Secunderabad. It would remain cancelled between Visakhapatnam and Tenali from both the directions.
New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Express, Haldia-Chennai Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express and Guwahati-Chennai Express trains have been short terminated at Visakhapatnam. So have Bhubaneswar-Bangalore Prashanti Express at Palasa and Bhubaneswar-Yesvantpur Express at Balugaon returned to their originating stations.
Secunderabad-Guwahati Express, Yesvantpur-Bhagalpur Express, Kanyakumari-Howrah Express, Chennai-Howrah-Coromandal Express, Yesvantpur-Howrah Express and Vimavaram-Purulia Express have been diverted to run via Balharsha-Nagpur- Bilaspur-Chakradharpur stations instead of original paths.
Dhanbad-Alleppey Express, Howrah-Yesvantpur Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express, Howrah-Chennai Mail, Howrah-Vasco-da-gama Amaravati Express have been diverted via Vizianagaram-Titlagarh-Raipur and Nagpur.
Similarly, Puri-Okha Express and Dibrugarh-Yesvantpur Express would run via Naraj-Angul-Sambalpur-Titlagarh- Raipur-Nagpur instead of its scheduled path.
Apart from this, Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express scheduled to leave Howrah today would be diverted via Kharagpur-Tata-Jharsuguda-Bilaspur-Nagpur and Balharsa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit