Train services affected due to cyclone `Nilam` in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Train services were affected on Sunday due to heavy rains in Andhra Pradesh triggered by cyclone `Nilam` with East Coast Railway (ECoR) cancelling, short-terminating or diverting several trains.
Trains were rescheduled as water level was flowing above the danger mark in Thandava River between Tuni and Gullipadu stations in Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam section of Vijaywada Division of South Central Railway, ECoR sources said.
The trains which have been cancelled today from its originating stations include Visakhapatnam-Kakinada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam passenger, Visakhapatnam- Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam Ratnachal Express.
Visakhapatnam-Guntur-Visakhapatnam Simhadri Express, Narasapur-Nidadavolu-Narasapur Link Express, Visakhapatnam-Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam Express were others.
Similarly, Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad-Bhubaneswar Visakha Express scheduled to leave Bhubaneswar in the morning has been cancelled from Bhubaneswar.
The partially cancelled or short terminated trains include? Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express which would be short terminated at Tenali and return as Visakhapatnam-Secunderabad Janmabhoomi Express to Secunderabad. It would remain cancelled between Visakhapatnam and Tenali from both the directions.
New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Express, Haldia-Chennai Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express and Guwahati-Chennai Express trains have been short terminated at Visakhapatnam. So have Bhubaneswar-Bangalore Prashanti Express at Palasa and Bhubaneswar-Yesvantpur Express at Balugaon returned to their originating stations.
Secunderabad-Guwahati Express, Yesvantpur-Bhagalpur Express, Kanyakumari-Howrah Express, Chennai-Howrah-Coromandal Express, Yesvantpur-Howrah Express and Vimavaram-Purulia Express have been diverted to run via Balharsha-Nagpur- Bilaspur-Chakradharpur stations instead of original paths.
Dhanbad-Alleppey Express, Howrah-Yesvantpur Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express, Howrah-Chennai Mail, Howrah-Vasco-da-gama Amaravati Express have been diverted via Vizianagaram-Titlagarh-Raipur and Nagpur.
Similarly, Puri-Okha Express and Dibrugarh-Yesvantpur Express would run via Naraj-Angul-Sambalpur-Titlagarh- Raipur-Nagpur instead of its scheduled path.
Apart from this, Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express, Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express, Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express scheduled to leave Howrah today would be diverted via Kharagpur-Tata-Jharsuguda-Bilaspur-Nagpur and Balharsa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender