Train services hit following abduction of MLA
Rayagada: Train services on Koraput-
Rayagada section of East Coast Railway (ECoR) in Odisha were hit on Saturday by people sitting on dharna to demand immediate release of BJD MLA Jhinna Hikaka who was abducted by Maoists.
Slogan shouting supporters of the MLA sat on the railway
tracks at a place between Laxmipur and Kakiriguma stations,
railway sources said.
The new bi-weekly Inter-City Express between Koraput and Visakhapatnam was detained at Damanjodi railway station.
Two coal-laden goods trains were also detained at
Keutaguda railway station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster