Train services hit following abduction of MLA
Rayagada: Train services on Koraput-
Rayagada section of East Coast Railway (ECoR) in Odisha were hit on Saturday by people sitting on dharna to demand immediate release of BJD MLA Jhinna Hikaka who was abducted by Maoists.
Slogan shouting supporters of the MLA sat on the railway
tracks at a place between Laxmipur and Kakiriguma stations,
railway sources said.
The new bi-weekly Inter-City Express between Koraput and Visakhapatnam was detained at Damanjodi railway station.
Two coal-laden goods trains were also detained at
Keutaguda railway station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years