Train services hit following abduction of MLA
Rayagada: Train services on Koraput-
Rayagada section of East Coast Railway (ECoR) in Odisha were hit on Saturday by people sitting on dharna to demand immediate release of BJD MLA Jhinna Hikaka who was abducted by Maoists.
Slogan shouting supporters of the MLA sat on the railway
tracks at a place between Laxmipur and Kakiriguma stations,
railway sources said.
The new bi-weekly Inter-City Express between Koraput and Visakhapatnam was detained at Damanjodi railway station.
Two coal-laden goods trains were also detained at
Keutaguda railway station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai