Train services hit following abduction of MLA
Rayagada: Train services on Koraput-
Rayagada section of East Coast Railway (ECoR) in Odisha were hit on Saturday by people sitting on dharna to demand immediate release of BJD MLA Jhinna Hikaka who was abducted by Maoists.
Slogan shouting supporters of the MLA sat on the railway
tracks at a place between Laxmipur and Kakiriguma stations,
railway sources said.
The new bi-weekly Inter-City Express between Koraput and Visakhapatnam was detained at Damanjodi railway station.
Two coal-laden goods trains were also detained at
Keutaguda railway station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan