Tusker found dead in Odisha forest
Baripada: A tusker was found dead near Laxmiposhi under Dugura forest range on the foothills of Similipal forests in Mayurbhanj district, a forest official said here Monday.
The carcass of the jumbo, aged around 10 years, was spotted by the villagers with no outside injury and both of its small teeth intact yesterday, Divisional Forest Officer, Baripada, Sanjay Swain said.
Besides, the trained sniffer dog squad deployed in Similipal sanctuary to confirm incidence of poisoning of animals had also found no such substance in the carcass, he said.
A post-mortem was conducted on the spot by a veterinary surgeon. The cause of the death could be ascertained only after obtaining a report of the viscera test, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi