Tusker found dead in Odisha forest
Baripada: A tusker was found dead near Laxmiposhi under Dugura forest range on the foothills of Similipal forests in Mayurbhanj district, a forest official said here Monday.
The carcass of the jumbo, aged around 10 years, was spotted by the villagers with no outside injury and both of its small teeth intact yesterday, Divisional Forest Officer, Baripada, Sanjay Swain said.
Besides, the trained sniffer dog squad deployed in Similipal sanctuary to confirm incidence of poisoning of animals had also found no such substance in the carcass, he said.
A post-mortem was conducted on the spot by a veterinary surgeon. The cause of the death could be ascertained only after obtaining a report of the viscera test, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials