Tusker found dead in Odisha forest
Baripada: A tusker was found dead near Laxmiposhi under Dugura forest range on the foothills of Similipal forests in Mayurbhanj district, a forest official said here Monday.
The carcass of the jumbo, aged around 10 years, was spotted by the villagers with no outside injury and both of its small teeth intact yesterday, Divisional Forest Officer, Baripada, Sanjay Swain said.
Besides, the trained sniffer dog squad deployed in Similipal sanctuary to confirm incidence of poisoning of animals had also found no such substance in the carcass, he said.
A post-mortem was conducted on the spot by a veterinary surgeon. The cause of the death could be ascertained only after obtaining a report of the viscera test, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed