Two held for gang-raping woman in Odisha
Kendrapara: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and gang-raping a 28-year-old married Dalit woman in Odisha`s Kendrapara district, police said on Wednesday.
Saraju Mallick and Tukuna Mallick of Badagaon village were arrested yesterday, while search is on to net another man involved in the crime, they said.
The arrested persons were produced in Kendrapara Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) court which rejected their bail applications and remanded them in jail custody, said Sub Divisional Police Officer, Nrusingha Charan Swain.
The woman was waylaid near her in-laws` house in Badagaon village under Marshaghai police station jurisdiction last week. However, the incident came to light following the complaint lodged by the victim on Monday.
The offenders had subjected the victim to sexual assault at different locations during the course of the week. Later they had freed her while threatening her not to make the matter public, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement