Two held for gang-raping woman in Odisha
Kendrapara: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and gang-raping a 28-year-old married Dalit woman in Odisha`s Kendrapara district, police said on Wednesday.
Saraju Mallick and Tukuna Mallick of Badagaon village were arrested yesterday, while search is on to net another man involved in the crime, they said.
The arrested persons were produced in Kendrapara Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate (SDJM) court which rejected their bail applications and remanded them in jail custody, said Sub Divisional Police Officer, Nrusingha Charan Swain.
The woman was waylaid near her in-laws` house in Badagaon village under Marshaghai police station jurisdiction last week. However, the incident came to light following the complaint lodged by the victim on Monday.
The offenders had subjected the victim to sexual assault at different locations during the course of the week. Later they had freed her while threatening her not to make the matter public, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan