Two security men killed in encounter with Maoists in Odisha
Nuapada: Two security personnel were killed during an encounter with Maoists in Sunabeda area of Odisha`s Nuapada district, police said on Saturday.
The gun battle took place when personnel of CRPF, District Voluntary Force and special police officers were carrying out an operation in dense forest near Datutola and Dhekunpani villages last evening, they said.
Two security personnel identified as Prakash Rout (constable in DVF) and Devendra Dharua (SPO) lost their lives in the exchange of fire, they said adding both belonged to Nuapada district.
Prakash Rout had joined DVF about 5 years back whereas Devendra Dharua joined as SPO about 3 years ago.
Additional force was rushed to the area where combing operation was intensified, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured