Two security men killed in encounter with Maoists in Odisha
Nuapada: Two security personnel were killed during an encounter with Maoists in Sunabeda area of Odisha`s Nuapada district, police said on Saturday.
The gun battle took place when personnel of CRPF, District Voluntary Force and special police officers were carrying out an operation in dense forest near Datutola and Dhekunpani villages last evening, they said.
Two security personnel identified as Prakash Rout (constable in DVF) and Devendra Dharua (SPO) lost their lives in the exchange of fire, they said adding both belonged to Nuapada district.
Prakash Rout had joined DVF about 5 years back whereas Devendra Dharua joined as SPO about 3 years ago.
Additional force was rushed to the area where combing operation was intensified, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre