Very heavy rainfall forecast in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall together with gusty surface wind is likely to lash some places of Odisha on Sunday under the impact of a low pressure area over the Bay of Bengal.
The meteorological centre here said the low pressure area remained stationary over north-west Bay of Bengal and neighbourhood this morning.
Under its influence, rain and thundershower would occur at most places over Odisha, while heavy to very heavy rainfall may take place at one or two places in the coastal region and adjoining districts of Dhenkanal, Jajpur and Angul.
Heavy rainfall is also likely to lash one or two places in parts of interior Odisha during the next 48 hours, the met office said.
Gusty surface wind of 40 to 50 kmph with wind speeds up to 60 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha coast, it said, adding fishermen are advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17