Very heavy rainfall forecast in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall together with gusty surface wind is likely to lash some places of Odisha on Sunday under the impact of a low pressure area over the Bay of Bengal.
The meteorological centre here said the low pressure area remained stationary over north-west Bay of Bengal and neighbourhood this morning.
Under its influence, rain and thundershower would occur at most places over Odisha, while heavy to very heavy rainfall may take place at one or two places in the coastal region and adjoining districts of Dhenkanal, Jajpur and Angul.
Heavy rainfall is also likely to lash one or two places in parts of interior Odisha during the next 48 hours, the met office said.
Gusty surface wind of 40 to 50 kmph with wind speeds up to 60 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha coast, it said, adding fishermen are advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!