Video - Patients being evacuated after fire broke out in Bhubaneswar hospital
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Bhubaneswar: More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday evening, in one of the worst such incidents involving a medical facility.
The blaze was suspected to have been triggered by an electric short circuit in the dialysis ward on the first floor of the private hospital which spread to the nearby Intensive Care Unit.
The fire, which was said to have started from the dialysis ward on the first floor, quickly spread to other areas including the ICU on the same floor of the four-storeyed hospital building, as per PTI.
Following is the video of the evacuation (Courtesy - ANI):
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 17, 2016