24-hour electricity in border, sub-mountainous areas in Punjab
Chandigarh: Keeping in view hardships faced by the inhabitants of border and sub-mountainous Kandi areas due to erratic power supply, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday announced 24-hour uninterrupted domestic power supply on the urban pattern.
The project aims to benefit as many as 1,557 deras/dhanis (places where people live collectively outside towns or villages) at a cost of Rs 15.30 crore.
Disclosing this here, an official spokesperson said that Badal has directed the Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd (PSPCL) to ensure timely completion of this ambitious project to provide electricity in the far-flung border and Kandi areas of the state.
Badal also gave nod to release the requisite funds to PSPCL immediately for the execution of this project, the spokesperson said.
The CM has asked PSPCL to connect Deras/Dhanis with a cluster of three or more households in Kandi and border areas with feeders after laying separate lines to ensure better power supply on the urban pattern and sought people`s co-operation to ensure timely completion of this project.
Badal also directed the PSPCL to carry out the work of shifting electronic meters outside the consumers` premises on war-footing so as to complete the target with the public support at the earliest.
The Chief Minister also constituted a committee headed by Power Secretary Anirudh Tiwari to work out the modalities for the settlement of outstanding arrears outstanding as on March 31 this year of the electricity bills due towards BPL and SC category domestic consumers.
He also ordered the PSPCL authorities to issue fresh power bills to BPL consumers on the basis of current consumption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?