6-yr-old singed with cigarette butts, cut with blade by father
Patiala: A six-year-old boy was allegedly singed with cigarette butts and cut with a shaving blade by his father, inflicting injuries all over his body.
The harrowing tale of torture was narrated by the child himself in a local court, hearing a divorce case of his parents.
The court was shocked and dismayed to see injury marks on the body of the child and ordered the police to get the child medically examined in the local Government Rajindra Hospital.
The child told the doctors yesterday that his father Baljit Singh inflicted injuries all over his body.
There were about 16 blade cut marks on different parts of his body, doctors said, adding his back had burn marks caused by cigarette butts.
The parents of the child had filed a divorce case and the court had earlier given custody of the child to the father.
It also directed the accused that the child would be allowed to meet his mother once every month.
When the boy insisted on meeting his mother, Singh was so annoyed that he started torturing the child.
A case has been registered against the accused Baljit Singh at the Patiala Sadar police station under various sections of the IPC, police said, adding, efforts are on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation