6-yr-old singed with cigarette butts, cut with blade by father
Patiala: A six-year-old boy was allegedly singed with cigarette butts and cut with a shaving blade by his father, inflicting injuries all over his body.
The harrowing tale of torture was narrated by the child himself in a local court, hearing a divorce case of his parents.
The court was shocked and dismayed to see injury marks on the body of the child and ordered the police to get the child medically examined in the local Government Rajindra Hospital.
The child told the doctors yesterday that his father Baljit Singh inflicted injuries all over his body.
There were about 16 blade cut marks on different parts of his body, doctors said, adding his back had burn marks caused by cigarette butts.
The parents of the child had filed a divorce case and the court had earlier given custody of the child to the father.
It also directed the accused that the child would be allowed to meet his mother once every month.
When the boy insisted on meeting his mother, Singh was so annoyed that he started torturing the child.
A case has been registered against the accused Baljit Singh at the Patiala Sadar police station under various sections of the IPC, police said, adding, efforts are on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG