6-yr-old singed with cigarette butts, cut with blade by father
Patiala: A six-year-old boy was allegedly singed with cigarette butts and cut with a shaving blade by his father, inflicting injuries all over his body.
The harrowing tale of torture was narrated by the child himself in a local court, hearing a divorce case of his parents.
The court was shocked and dismayed to see injury marks on the body of the child and ordered the police to get the child medically examined in the local Government Rajindra Hospital.
The child told the doctors yesterday that his father Baljit Singh inflicted injuries all over his body.
There were about 16 blade cut marks on different parts of his body, doctors said, adding his back had burn marks caused by cigarette butts.
The parents of the child had filed a divorce case and the court had earlier given custody of the child to the father.
It also directed the accused that the child would be allowed to meet his mother once every month.
When the boy insisted on meeting his mother, Singh was so annoyed that he started torturing the child.
A case has been registered against the accused Baljit Singh at the Patiala Sadar police station under various sections of the IPC, police said, adding, efforts are on to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves