Acid attack victim dies in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: A 22-year-old bride, who suffered serious burn injuries in an acid attack, breathed her last today at a Mumbai hospital.
The victim Harpreet Kaur was shifted from DMC Hospital, Ludhiana to National Burns Centre, Mumbai for treatment on December 12.
Her body will be air lifted to her native town Barnala, said Nirmal Singh Dhillon, Police Commissioner Ludhiana.
The victim had gone to a beauty salon in Sarabha Nagar for her bridal make-up shortly before her marriage on December 7 when the accused youth barged in and threw acid on her. Three other women present there were also injured in the attack.
Ludhiana police had arrested one Amitpal Kaur, the divorced wife of the elder brother of the groom, alongwith her paramour and five others in connection with the case.
During interrogation, she told the police that she was envious of seeing the family happy since her divorce, and sought help from her paramour to scar the bride with acid on the day of her wedding.
Kaur told the police that she attacked Harpreet so that no one dares to marry their daughter into the groom`s family.
The victim had sustained 45 per cent burns including her face, eyes, chest and abdomen were affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hair-raising video: Pitbull goes wild, attacks people on a busy Chinese street - Must watch
- Apple to open first Apple Store in Taiwan
- Star Trek Beyond movie review: Repackaged with technical finesse
- Delhi: Judge tries to commit suicide `due to molestation charges`
- Yuan posts biggest weekly gain since April ahead of G20 talks