Acid attack victim dies in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: A 22-year-old bride, who suffered serious burn injuries in an acid attack, breathed her last today at a Mumbai hospital.
The victim Harpreet Kaur was shifted from DMC Hospital, Ludhiana to National Burns Centre, Mumbai for treatment on December 12.
Her body will be air lifted to her native town Barnala, said Nirmal Singh Dhillon, Police Commissioner Ludhiana.
The victim had gone to a beauty salon in Sarabha Nagar for her bridal make-up shortly before her marriage on December 7 when the accused youth barged in and threw acid on her. Three other women present there were also injured in the attack.
Ludhiana police had arrested one Amitpal Kaur, the divorced wife of the elder brother of the groom, alongwith her paramour and five others in connection with the case.
During interrogation, she told the police that she was envious of seeing the family happy since her divorce, and sought help from her paramour to scar the bride with acid on the day of her wedding.
Kaur told the police that she attacked Harpreet so that no one dares to marry their daughter into the groom`s family.
The victim had sustained 45 per cent burns including her face, eyes, chest and abdomen were affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police