After rains, cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Saturday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, with mercury hovering below the normal range, a day after the two states were lashed by moderate to heavy rains.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.9 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains had lashed the city during the past two days.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced a cold night at 4.6 deg C after being lashed by heavy rains.
Karnal, which received a heavy downpour of 22.2 mm, today recorded a low of 6.4 deg C, one below normal, the MeT said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 5 deg C and 7.8 deg C respectively after receiving moderate rains yesterday.
Amritsar saw the minimum settling at 7 deg C after receiving showers yesterday.
The MeT in its forecast said light rain may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti