After rains, cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Saturday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, with mercury hovering below the normal range, a day after the two states were lashed by moderate to heavy rains.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.9 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains had lashed the city during the past two days.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced a cold night at 4.6 deg C after being lashed by heavy rains.
Karnal, which received a heavy downpour of 22.2 mm, today recorded a low of 6.4 deg C, one below normal, the MeT said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 5 deg C and 7.8 deg C respectively after receiving moderate rains yesterday.
Amritsar saw the minimum settling at 7 deg C after receiving showers yesterday.
The MeT in its forecast said light rain may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price