After rains, cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Saturday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, with mercury hovering below the normal range, a day after the two states were lashed by moderate to heavy rains.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.9 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains had lashed the city during the past two days.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced a cold night at 4.6 deg C after being lashed by heavy rains.
Karnal, which received a heavy downpour of 22.2 mm, today recorded a low of 6.4 deg C, one below normal, the MeT said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 5 deg C and 7.8 deg C respectively after receiving moderate rains yesterday.
Amritsar saw the minimum settling at 7 deg C after receiving showers yesterday.
The MeT in its forecast said light rain may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up