After rains, cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Saturday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, with mercury hovering below the normal range, a day after the two states were lashed by moderate to heavy rains.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.9 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains had lashed the city during the past two days.
In Haryana, Hisar experienced a cold night at 4.6 deg C after being lashed by heavy rains.
Karnal, which received a heavy downpour of 22.2 mm, today recorded a low of 6.4 deg C, one below normal, the MeT said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 5 deg C and 7.8 deg C respectively after receiving moderate rains yesterday.
Amritsar saw the minimum settling at 7 deg C after receiving showers yesterday.
The MeT in its forecast said light rain may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway